Double-click Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Right-click the audio device and select Uninstall. Start the driver removal process. Click Action on the top menu bar, then select Check for Hardware Changes to reinstall the device. Check the sound.
Warning: End of Life (EOL) Issues That Need Your Immediate Attention
- You receive the error message “Kernel communication error”
- You recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 with ESET installed and you receive this error.
Please Try To Open Your ESET Product Manually First To Resolve This Issue.
Open your ESET product manually by clicking Start – All Programs – ESET and then clicking your product. If you are still unable to open your ESET product or are still receiving an error message, please follow the steps below.below solutions.
I. Make Sure ESET Service Is Running
- Press the Windows key R and enter services.msc. Leave blank. in the box and click OK. The Services window will open.
- Right-click the ESET service (ekrn.exe) and select Properties from the context menu.
- Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic and the service status is running, then click Apply – OK.
If You Don’t See Started Next To The Service Status
If you don’t see Started next to Service Status, click Start. After initializing ESET service, click OK.
- Reboot your computer. If the problem is not resolved, go to Solution II.
II. Uninstall Your ESET Product And Reinstall It Using ESET’s Uninstaller
- Use ESET’s uninstaller to perform manual uninstallation.
- Reinstall your ESET product. Click on the appropriate link below for step-by-step instructionsui:
- Reinstall ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Download and install ESET products on individual client workstations (5.x).
- Install ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a client workstation (6.x).
- Install and activate ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (6.x)
- Install ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server (6.x)
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send an email to ESET technical support.
Last updated: March 23, 2020
- Known issues with ESET and Windows 10 products
How do I reinstall my audio driver Windows 10?
In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager and select it from the results.Click the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.Right-click the list of your sound card or audio device and select Properties.Select the Driver tab, then Roll Back Driver.More Articles …
How do I reinstall Realtek HD Audio driver?
To do this, right-click the Windows 10 Start menu and go to Device Manager. Once there, go to the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section, find the device you want to update, right-click on it and select Update Driver. July 6, 2018
How do I reinstall a device driver?
Reinstall the device driverEnter Device Manager in the search box on the taskbar and select Device Manager.Right-click (or press and hold) the device name and select Delete.Restart your computer.Windows is trying to reinstall the driver.