If you receive an error message “Can’t install Direct X 10,” this article is for you.
- Install the previous version of DirectX.
- Reinstall the drivers for your video card.
- Reinstall one of the previous updates.
- Download Visual C Redistributables.
- Load the missing DLL files.
- Make sure you meet the recommended system requirements.
- Install DirectX from the command line.
DirectX is an essential component of Windows 10 and is required for many multimedia applications. However, DirectX errors can sometimes appear on Windows 10, and today we are going to show you how to fix them.
What Is DirectX?
DirectX is a collection of programs and techniques needed to work with Windows 10 devices, handle multimedia video, and more. And if you are an avid 3D, gamer or designer, DirectX will become an essential part of your Windows 10 PC.
And as I said, DirectX is a suite of software tools, so bugs and problems can occur. So keep calm and follow the fixes below to get rid of DirectX errors on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Make Sure The System Requirements Are Met
First, as you can imagine, not all computers can properly install DirectX Windows 10. You must meet the system requirements.
If you can’t make sure your system is suitable for reinstalling DirectX, you’ll see why you can’t install DirectX for Windows 10.
To install DirectX correctly, you must meet all of the following conditions:
1. Your Windows system must be at least 32-bit Windows 7.
2. The video card is compatible with your version of DirectX.
3. The RAM and CPU are large enough.
4. .NET Framework 4 is installed on your computer.
To check these properties, all you have to do is right-click “This PC” and select “Properties.”
Then all system properties are displayed.
Only when all of these requirements are met can you reinstall DirectX Windows 10 without any problems. However, if DirectX Windows 10 cannot be installed on your computer, you may need to take additional steps. to fix DirectX error.
Solution 2: Check Your DirectX Version On Windows 10
Do I need to install DirectX on Windows 10? This is what is usually asked for. However, you may not know that Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12 preinstalled on your computer. If you want to uninstallDirectX for your PC and then reinstalling it, this failed on Windows 10.
In such cases, you should run dxdiag to check your DirectX version and then try other reinstallation methods.
1. Search for dxdiag in the search box and press Enter to access the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
2. Then you can find the Windows 10 DirectX version on your computer in the System tab. Here DirectX 12.
If you checked your version of DirectX and wanted to install it yourself but were unable to reinstall DirectX on Windows 10, the following methods may be helpful.
Related Topics: DirectX Download for Windows 10, 8, 7 (Complete Instructions)
Solution 3: Update Your Graphics Driver To Repair DirectX
It is said that outdated or corrupted display drivers can prevent DirectX from installing on Windows 10. Since Windows 10 DirectX is tightly tied to multimedia applications, the graphics card is no exception.
To get the latest graphics driver, such as an Intel graphics driver, you can take full advantage of Device Manager, a tool fromcontrolling device drivers built into Windows systems. If you cannot install DirectX Windows 7, you can also use this tool.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, locate and expand “Graphics Cards” and right-click the graphics card driver to update the driver.
3. Then select “Automatically check for updated drivers.”
Here you can see that this is Intel HD Graphics 520.
Windows Device Manager searches the Internet for the current display driver and automatically installs it on Windows 10.
With the newly installed graphics card driver, you can also reinstall DirectX for Windows 10 to see if you end up in the DirectX Redistributable Package to reinstall Windows 10 this time
Solution 4: Download The Visual C Redistributable
As you know, the Visual C Redistributable is an essential component of Windows 10 DirectX. Therefore, if reinstalling DirectX fails, it is recommended that you reinstall the Visual C Redistributable For Windows 10.
1. Go to the Microsoft website to download the Visual C Redistributable Package.
2. Select the desired download.
For 64-bit Windows, click here to get vc.redist.x64.exe. For 32-bit Windows 10, select vc.redist.x86.exe.
Then choose a location for the downloaded package.
Then you can try reinstalling DirectX for Windows 10 to see if it works. Here’s another easy way: automatically download and install the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Package.
Solution 5: Reinstall .NET Framework 4 To Fix DirectX That Won’t Install Windows 10.
To fix DirectX not installing the error, you should try to install another important piece of DirectX for your PC, namely NET Framework 4.
This could also be one of the reasons Windows 10 was unable to properly reinstall DirectX.
You can install .NET Framework 4 from the command line.
1. Go to a command prompt and right-click the output to run it as administrator.
2. On the command line, copy and paste the following The next command and press Enter to run it.
DISM / Online / Enable-Feature / FeatureName: NetFx3 / All / LimitAccess / Source: D: sourcessxs
If you installed NET Framework 4 on Windows 10 after running the above command, the DirectX install error will also go away and you can install it on Windows 10 if you want
In general, DirectX 9, 12, 13 are required on Windows 10. However, if you cannot install DirectX, you should go to these solutions and try them one by one until DirectX is installed – fixed.
Unknown DirectX error in League of Legends